Halloween is fast approaching, so Miffy has been getting creative with her decorations. Why don’t you make this sweet Halloween lantern with her for your room?
You will need:
- A3 Black card
- Four pieces of cellophane (in blue, green, yellow and red)
- White pencil
- A glue stick
- A picture of Miffy to use as a template
- LED tealights (optional)
1. First, carefully cut your piece of black card to about 32cm x 50cm. You can make this larger or smaller depending on how big you want your lantern to be.
2. Find a lantern template that you like. We chose this one – https://images.app.goo.gl/9S3dX3DaRJRwAHd47
3. Print out a picture of Miffy, slightly bigger than the lantern window, and cut her face out. This will be your template when drawing your lantern.
4. Now draw out your lantern template onto the black card using a white pencil, including the Miffy face in the lantern windows and carefully cut it out. Be extra careful though, we don’t want any hurt fingers!
5. Next, cut out the windows being careful to not catch Miffy’s face or eyes!
6. Cut the cellophane down so that each colour is just big enough to cover a window and glue them to the inside of the lantern. These will make pretty colours when you add tea lights!
7. Next, slot the bottom together like a cereal box and glue the flap, so you create the lantern shape.
8. Finally, add some glue to the circle at the top of the lantern to keep everything together. Pop a tea light inside and enjoy all the lovely colours your lantern makes! You could even take it trick or treating with you.