Miffy Vanilla Matcha Sandwich Cookies
The 17th May is World Baking Day, so Miffy has decided to try an adorable new recipe. These matcha-filled cookies are easy to make but will be an impressive (and super cute!) addition to your baking repertoire. If you want to join Miffy on her baking adventure, get your whisk ready and read on!
You will need:
- 225g unsalted butter (softened and cubed)
- 130g icing sugar (sifted)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 260g cake flour (sifted)
- 200g almond flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
For the filling:
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (softened and cubed)
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tbsp matcha powder
For the decoration
- 150g of dark chocolate (melted)
- Start by whisking the unsalted butter, salt and icing sugar until they’re well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Then, add the whisked egg gradually and once the egg is well incorporated, add in vanilla extract.
- After sifting the cake flour, almond flour and cornstarch, use a baking spatula to gently fold in the ingredients until they’re combined. Miffy’s top tip is to make sure you don’t overmix the ingredients!
- Now the mixture is complete, it’s time to roll out the cookie dough onto a sheet of parchment paper. For this recipe, Miffy recommends rolling out the dough so it is roughly 3cm thick.
- Next, cover the cookie dough with another sheet of parchment paper and refrigerate it for at least two hours. Miffy doesn’t like having to wait for so long, but she knows that the colder the dough is, the easier it will be to cut out!
- Once the dough is chilled, make a bunny stencil out of card and ask your parent to help cut out bunny shapes in the dough.
- Again, cover the dough with parchment paper and let it cool in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. This will make it easier to transfer the cookies onto the baking sheet.
- While the cookies are chilling, preheat the oven to 170c and bake them for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Now, it’s finally time for Miffy’s favourite part of the recipe, the final touches! First, mix the cream cheese, cubed butter and icing sugar to make the filling. Sift in the matcha powder for the cookie’s signature flavour and transfer the filling into your piping bag.
- On the back of one cookie, pipe your desired amount of filling and gently press on another cookie. Using melted dark chocolate and a piping bag, add Miffy’s iconic eyes and mouth – how adorable!
Finally, Miffy lets the chocolate cool before digging into her delicious World Baking Day treat!
Recipe and image credit – https://sukoshimart.com/blogs/mo-sukoshi/miffy-vanilla-matcha-sandwich-cookies-a-galentines-day-treat