With lots of time spent in the garden recently, Miffy has planted all sorts of wonderful flowers and vegetables! Today, after home-schooling, Miffy is going to plant peas, one of her favourite green veggies.
- Peas need an open, sunny position – they prefer cooler weather so now is the perfect time to sow your seeds.
- Make a trench 5cm deep and 15cm wide to home your seeds. Sow them evenly around 7.5cm apart – be careful not to get them too close to each other because they need room to grow! Cover them back over with soil. Perfect!
- When flowering begins, make sure you water your peas well. Some may grow extra tall and they will need support – you can add a trellis for them to climb up, or some sticks to help them out.
- Make sure the soil is moist enough to ensure your pea pods swell – this will make your peas nice and big and round, perfect for dinnertime!
- Your peas will be ready to pick 11 to 13 weeks after sowing. Yum!