Miffy loves baking cakes to share with her friends, especially these mini Victoria sponge cakes which are perfect for little hands. Try making some for a birthday party or just as a weekend treat with a glass of milk.
Let’s get baking! You’ll need these ingredients:
225 g self-raising flour
225 g caster sugar
225 g butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
About 10 strawberries
360 whipped cream
Icing sugar, to serve
- First we need to get the oven all toasty warm. Ask an adult helper to preheat the oven to 160°C – Miffy got Aunt Alice to help her with this step.
- Next, mix together the flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and the eggs in a bowl until you have a nice, smooth batter. You can do this by hand but Miffy asked Aunt Alice to use her electric whisk for this step.
- Now grease a muffin tray and fill each section about ¾ full of cake mixture.
- Pop these in the oven to bake for 25 minutes, or until the mixture turns golden and springy.
- Now you must be patient and wait for the little cakes to cool down. Don’t be tempted to try them yet, we don’t want any burnt mouths!
- While you wait for the cakes to cool, carefully cut the strawberries into quarters and whisk the cream in a bowl until it’s nice and thick. Once they’ve cooled down, cut the sponges in half. Place your strawberries on the bottom half of the cakes then dollop a bit of whipped cream into the centre and spread it evenly over the strawberries.
- Lay the top half back ontop and sprinkle with some yummy icing sugar.
There, all finished! Don’t eat them all at once though or you won’t be able to share any with your friends!