Miffy loves baking and she loves carrots even more! Today she has decided to bake some sweet mini carrot cupcakes. Why not follow along and bake your own too? You could drop some off for a friend or share them with your family members!
For the cupcakes:
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 400 grams sugar
- 315ml vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 390 grams grated carrots
Cream cheese frosting
- 450 grams full fat cream cheese (softened)
- 115 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 grams icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
For the sweet carrot toppers:
- Orange fondant
- Green fondant
How to bake!
- Pop the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl and whisk together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar until combined. One at a time, add the eggs, mixing them together as you go.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add the grated carrots and gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups and spoon the mixture into them, until each cup is just over halfway through – they need some space to rise!
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool down – don’t eat them yet!
Fondant Carrot Toppers
- Make small, rounded triangles with the orange fondant (try to make them look like carrots).
- Ask an adult to help you carefully make some indentations with a knife along the fondant carrot to make it look more realistic.
- With a toothpick, make a small hole at the wider end of each carrot and, using a little water as glue, attach a small piece of green fondant to make it look like carrot leaves – how sweet!
Let the toppers dry for a few minutes and then put them in an airtight container until ready to use, or eat them right away!